[Healeys] Rear drums 65 bj8

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Fri May 31 20:17:08 MDT 2013

Umm, what you describe is what a properly adjusted drum brake sounds like.
Sheek.........sheek.........sheek.......
You get the idea.
If you don't have a pulsation in the pedal when braking the drums are not out
of round.
Rick

Sent from my iPhone

On May 31, 2013, at 18:52, Greg Mandas <gmandas at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Team.
>
> Any problems, issues, warnings, suggestions about turning the rear drums on
a Early Phase II BJ8?  Any recommendations for a shop in Southern
Connecticut?

> As I spin the rears while adjusting the brakes the drums drag for half a
rotation and free up. Both sides. I'm guessing they need turning. (?)

> I'm thinking this is why I can't get the E-Brake to engage with any
authority. Since I can't adjust the rear shoes close enough and the E-Brake
doesn't have "That" much travel, they barely engage with the handle straight
up.