[Healeys] Fwd: how to restore 100/6 and AH Badges?

Richard Berman richberman at verizon.net
Sat May 25 07:11:01 MDT 2013

I am almost finished my 3 year restoration of my 1957 100/6 BN4 and have a
few small bits to restore.  One is the 100/6 front grill badge and the AH
wing badge.   I purchased a new 100/6 badge and can't believe how soft and
bendable the metal is compared to my original.  I'd like to restore the
original.  I can polish the metal nicely but was wondering how to best
create the red lettering so that it holds up to the elements long term.
 Any thoughts?  Any comments on color too?  I was looking in to epoxy paint
but it seems it fails under UV exposure.  Would urethane or acrylic paint
work?
thanks,
rich berman
https://plus.google.com/photos/110087349657726745747/albums/5528813397849858337?banner=pwa