[Healeys] Oil pressure

Bert Van Brande bertvanbrande at yahoo.com
Wed May 15 15:51:41 MDT 2013

On a 4 or 6 cylinder car?  Oil pan gasket installed correctly?  Too much
sealant?  Oil return passage (partially) blocked?
On a 4 cyl the release
valve opens to a passage to drain oil back to the sump (pan), there is a notch
in the gasket to allow for this.

On an engine that idles the return might be
just big enough to allow for the pressure valve to do it's job but on a faster
revving engine the same return might be obstructing excessive oil return.
Bert