[Healeys] Wing mirrors

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Wed May 15 04:40:52 MDT 2013

Chris,

I was well used to the type of independent rear suspension that could
tuck in, small Fiats, VW, Triumph Spitfire. I was not impressed with the
Bellets road behaviour on the Zandvoort track where we tried it out, as
said the shocks where a mess, not unusual with Japanese cars of the era.
It improved a lot with properly set up Koni's.
Jensen Healey's with the original Girling shocks do not handle extremely
well either. Major improvements can be made using Bilstein, Koni,
Kayaba, Spax. At the moment I have my JH set up with Spax, which are
rather hard when set to proper damping, but I will change over to
rebuilt Koni's from my first JH which have a totally different
characteristic and are more comfortable with proper damping. Old age
creeping in I am afraid.

Kees Oudesluijs
NL