[Healeys] Wing mirrors

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Mon May 13 17:57:14 MDT 2013

Simon -

I've had both Lucas type and Talbot type racing mirror.  The best set up is
to have Talbots over the wheel arch.  It's easy to install and the talbots
don't change position if you bump them with your hip.

The Lucas style wing mirrors are maddening - vandals will break them off
(I've had this happen a couple times - will happen in France for sure), and
they lose position every time you walk past the car.  Talbot style is much
better, they remain fixed in position, and they are much harder for
miscreants to break off.

Putting the mirrors over the wing arches give you four advantages:  1) they
are easy to access to remove if necessary and 2) out on the wing you don't
have to turn your head/eyes to look in the mirror (i.e. you are always
looking forward) 3) the arch wing position gives a better angle on blind
spots 4) out on the arch are really nice when you are pulling out  from
parallel parking on the street.

The talbot style comes in two sizes, 100mm two bolt mount and 90mm one bolt
mount ... I tend to prefer the one bolt mount but they are not as common.

Convex for both, of course.

Alan

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:42 AM, Simon Lachlan <simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk