[Healeys] Questions about originality 100 BN1

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Sun May 5 15:52:30 MDT 2013

Hello Simon

It is definitely a BN2 (or later side shift gearbox) with overdrive.
Interesting how the PO continued to use the original BN1 gearbox mountings
by making a thick(?) plate for the rear of the gearbox to sit on. The BN2
has two angular rubber/steel gearbox mounts at the rear as well as a buffer
pad that bolts into the chassis. It's probably BN2 as it looks as if the
mechanical clutch is still fitted. There is a little round brass plate
riveted to the top of the gearbox that probably has BN2 stamped on it.

As to your second question on the door trim it is not original BN1 as the
stitching around the opening is far too course.

Thanks for the photos as they were interesting to look at while having my
morning cuppa.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia