[Healeys] BJ8 radiator cap issue

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Sat Mar 30 08:15:01 MDT 2013

This is defying logic & thermodynamics. Congratulations!
Since in either case the temperature has not reached the atmospheric boiling
point (I.E. 212 at standard conditions) neither cap is having any affect on
the operating temp. As stated earlier, the pressure of the cap only affects
the boiling point, not the water temp. I would try changing the thermostat &
try the experiment again.
Gary Hodson

From: Randy Hicks Healey100M at gmail.com

b" Both are long neck

b" Neck of radiator is original

b" Never checked. With 180B: thermostat it reads 180B:, with 160B:, it read
160B: (no longer use 160B:).

b" Original water temp gauge, NOS Smiths 180B: thermostat

Randy