[Healeys] Fwd: Alternator Cables

Price Lindsay 050.rpl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 09:43:04 MDT 2013

Thank you to all that replied. It seems the consensus is that the battery and
starter cables I currently have on my BJ 8 are sufficiently sized to handle an
alternator.

Price Lindsay
67 BJ8

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Price Lindsay <050.rpl at gmail.com>
> Date: March 25, 2013, 3:26:16 PM EDT
> To: Healey List Healey List <healeys at autox.team.net>
> Subject: Alternator Cables
>
> I am converting my 67 BJ8 to negative ground. Some suggest, as a fire safety
move, the cable from the alternator to the starter be larger than my stock
cable. My question: should the cable from the starter to the battery and from
the battery to ground also be upgraded?  Ideally, what gauge should these be?