[Healeys] Alternator Cables

John Rowe jkrowe46 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Mar 25 15:50:56 MDT 2013

Price
When I converted mine to a 70amp alternator years ago, I used the normal
harness (admittedly it was a new one with modern wire) with no problem. I
have have never heard of that proposition. I kept the original regulator in
position and just shuffled a couple of wires around so that it is in reality
just a junction box now. Works fine no problems.
If you want a photo of the new wiring setup reply to me. Much simpler than
all that stuff that was going round on the list a month ago
No need to upgrade the battery cables as they are that size to facilitate
the amount of current the starter motor requires not the charge from the
alternator
John Rowe
Qld Australia
Bn1 BT7