[Healeys] Tires

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Mon Mar 25 12:14:52 MDT 2013

There is a lot more about tires than just being round and black.
Many of the Chinese and some Korean tires are awful. They are usually
cheap but their performance, especially in the wet, can be downright
dangerous. There can also be issues with braking, high speed
performance, straight line stability, steering characteristics etc. They
may be suitable for an agricultural machine but they certainly do not
belong on the wheels of a sportscar
I had new Hankooks on my car and they were absolutely frightening in the
wet. They were discarded of within 1500miles. Changed them for Nokians
which transformed the car.
Check consumer tests from ADAC, Stiftung Warentest, Which etc. OK, not
the right tire size but you will get the idea.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL