[Healeys] transmission conversion

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 07:52:20 MDT 2013

The BN1 issue is that the huge torque of a 100/4 is delivered through a non
straight cut gear. Delivered through 2nd in the box.
Look at the gear width, and tooth root area on cluster first to cluster 2nd.
That's the issue.
You can happily use a BN1 box forever. You just need to take off like Mark
Webber. Gently.
You can take off like Mark Webber anywhere. Probably not on a racetrack on the
front row of the grid.....
Nothing wrong with a BN1 box. As long as you leave the line like Mark.
;-)
Proud Australian.
Chris.

Sent from my iPhone