[Healeys] BJ8 Oil & Water

Chris Davis canda3000 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 22 00:12:34 MDT 2013

Bob
Obvious answer:
The head was skimmed , the block proved true and polished, new gasket fitted
(The second in as many years), no signs of any leakage whatsoever on the old
gasket when removed Pressure test at 60psi on the water jacket for two days
with the block /head assembly wrapped up and heated with fan heater to
replicate running temp (got to 45-50C).
Only thing I can think is that leakage occurs under cylinder compression
conditions - but where? Or the oil gallery through the head? Or the long oil
gallery that runs longitudinally along engine?
Chris
   2. BJ8 Oil and water (Chris Davis)
   3. Re: BJ8 Oil and water (Bob)

Message: 2