[Healeys] Gearbox leak

Charlie Schott schottc at knology.net
Tue Mar 19 07:49:45 MDT 2013

I ended up pulling the complete gearbox out of the car, made somewhat easier
by the fact that the seats, doors, door sills and dash were not yet installed.
Then I found out that not only did the previous owner forget the gasket
between the O/D and the gearbox, he also forgot the 8 clutch springs and the
oil pump cam. Thatbs when I opened up the box to check the inside and
installed new seals and gaskets. This was after the previous owner had told me
that the gearbox was checked out and given an okay.

Regards,

Charlie Schott