[Healeys] Carb piston springs

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Tue Mar 19 17:48:01 MDT 2013

Alan,
I am trying to determine two things as follows:
1. I would like to have a basic understanding of what the affect of changing
carb spring rates has on an engine if no other component is changed. Kind of
like changing needles, of which I have a basic understanding.
2. I have a BJ8 engine with 10:1 compression, a 272 degree  Elgin cam and
triple HS6 carbs. There is no factory spec for this set-up. So I am interested
in knowing what I might expect if I were to make a change to the springs.
Gary Hodson