[Healeys] clunk on braking

Mike phoenix722 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 6 15:40:31 MST 2013

Well, maybe I've told this story before, but maybe it will inspire you to
look for something unusual.

My daughter was at college with our well-worn Ford Fairlane wagon, and began
hearing a loud noise on turning a corner.  Sort of a clank, clank, clank,
clunk.  But it only happened sometimes, and sometimes on a right turn and
sometimes on a left turn.  All her "car expert" friends looked here and
there, with all sorts of possible explanations, none of which seemed to
help.  Then one day somebody noticed a full beer can on the roof.  Seems on
a hard turn, it would roll across the roof, over the luggage pads, and then
against the roof rack.  Clank, clank, clank, clunk.

Gotta love college.

Mike
BN2