[Healeys] clunk on braking

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 23:59:38 MST 2013

Hey Rich
- no clunk on acceleration?
- no clunk on "lift off the accelerator"?

Sounds like you've covered most of the usual issues.
Only things left, that haven't already been said, are shock and spring bushes.
Or the bolt holes for the rear shocks are out of round. I.e. Worn shock bolt
holes. Just loosen the rear shocks from the chassis mounts a tad, and see if
you can wiggle the shock...
If you had the tramp rod type, phase 2 setup, I'd say it was those big lazy
worn out tramp rod bushes for sure....
Replaced all my rear bushes last year.
Best
Chris