[Healeys] Oil Leak

Jose Vicente Vargas jvvmusme at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 3 10:00:23 MST 2013

If you want NO oil leaks I would suggest to run the engine with no oil. This
way you will have no oil leaks.

Sent from my iPad

On 3/03/2013, at 10:17 a.m., Bob Spidell <bspidell at comcast.net> wrote:

> Yeah, I know...
>
> We've fixed them all in our BN2 (100M) except for one nagging leak. Oil
appears to be leaking at the bottom of the bellhousing, where it's bolted up
to the rear engine plate. We installed a rear main seal and there is little,
if any, coming from the usual source (the hole in the bellhousing with the
cotter in it). We were careful/diligent with gaskets and used a discreet
amount of gasket sealer wherever it seemed appropriate.(like on the large
gasket between the block and the engine plate). The cigarette-shaped felt
gaskets that came in the kit that go around the rear main bearing cap seemed a
bit undersized, but we used them.

> Any ideas? Could the seam between the rear main bearing cap and block--with
the undersized felt, cigarette-shaped plugs on either side--be the cause? We
get a few drops on the floor after a 4-5 mile run.