[Healeys] Change in 3000 block casting

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sat Mar 2 15:00:04 MST 2013

Per the BMC parts manual, BJ8 engine 29K/H101 - 29K/H278 used block P/N
68G265.  There is a note: "W.S.E. [When Stock Exhausted] use 68G275 together
with one off oil level indicator 12B771."  Oil level indicator 12B771 is
longer than the one used previously.
Block P/N 68G275 is shown as applicable to engine 29K/H279 and on.

The above refers to non-French spec engines, and I would interpret the
information as saying that the dipstick change occurred with engine
29K/H279.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry