[Healeys] Goodridge Brake Lines - Warning

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Jun 27 02:44:41 MDT 2013

At first glance stainless steel brake lines seem to be a good idea.
However they are not. Technically they may be illegal in many countries
as you cannot have a double ended flare. There may also be a problem
with metal fatigue and last but not least, if you use copper washers to
seal you may have electrolytic corrosion of either the stainless steel,
or the zinc/cadmium on the steel parts. In most climates cadmium/zinc
plated standard brake line are the best. In damp climates with salted
roads consider Cunifer or another copper/nickel based pipe. However
brake lines, whatever they are made from, need to be checked over every
year, but we do that anyway, don4t we.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

--
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183
E: coudesluijs at chello.nl

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl