[Healeys] Goodridge Brake Lines - Warning

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 25 13:22:17 MDT 2013

I tried to install the Goodridge brake lines and ran into a problem.
I have stainless steel main lines and it is recommended to use a
copper crush washer wherever the stainless steel flare meets with
another brake line fitting. Because the Goodridge line meets with a
stainless steel flare at each end a copper crush washer is needed.

The problem is the Goodridge fitting at each end of the line is not
machined the same as the original rubber line fitting. The Goodridge
fitting is about 1/16" longer, from the end of the threaded portion,
to the end of the fitting. This only allows for the engagement of
about two threads making the fitting unsafe in my opinion.

I sent a letter to Goodridge with a copy to Moss Motors informing
them of the issue.

John Spaur
'62 BT7