[Healeys] I'm stumped

fogbro1 at comcast.net fogbro1 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 18 07:00:16 MDT 2013

List,

If there's a leak between the pump and the tank, the pump will run
continuously w/o pumping fuel, right? If the pump stops, it has created
pressure on the delivery side, correct? Sounds to me like there is a partial
blockage on the delivery side of the pump, like within the pipe from the pump
to the flex line at in the engine bay. A partial blockage will allow the fuel
bowls to be filled at stop or idle, but not enough for a drive down the road.
Opening the fuel line at the carbs will show fuel delivery (pump continues to
run), but not enough fuel to operate the car.

Had the same problem on my brother's TR6 earlier this year. Replacing the tank
to pump steel line solved the problem. Pump engine mounted on the TR6.B

Ed