[Healeys] Semantic Battles over Silly Things

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 21:15:28 MDT 2013

Gary,
As a professional in the automotive repair business for the last 46 years
(as of August) I love people that argue that I don't know what I am talking
about.  OK, I'll play.
That R&T definition was out of date as of 2000, and oh by the way what the
hell is glycolo?  The word is glycol.
There are several different types of antifreeze on the market.  The stuff
GM uses is not the same as what Ford uses or Chrysler, or Mercedes for that
matter.  Their definition mentions none of that.  Here is a fairly simple
explanation of some of the different types of coolant on the market today. *
http://tinyurl.com/mzu2usu*
As far as who sez
Well there are these guys: *http://tinyurl.com/kc2zkrt
*
*Or maybe you have heard of this family: **
http://tinyurl.com/or-this-family-business
*
*These guys are tight with Ferrari I hear: **http://tinyurl.com/kuh9te9
*
*Here is another small company you might have heard of:  **
http://tinyurl.com/mx6cbyc*
Oh look a 3 pointed star:  *http://tinyurl.com/mlj9f46*
I can keep this up all night.  Googling antifreeze/coolant brings up
848,000 hits and who knows how many pictures.
I stand by my comment that antifreeze and coolant are the same thing.
the ball is now in  your side of the court.
Rick