[Healeys] Adjusting temp gauge accuracy

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Wed Jun 12 18:36:56 MDT 2013

If it is a constant 25-30 degrees of you can lift of the needle and
reposition it on the spindle.
To do so remove the entire assembly from the car, taking great care with
the capillary tube, remove bezel and glass, and then lift of the
hand/needle/pointer with two small screwdrivers under the centre and
resting on the rim of the gauge. Insert the bulb at the end of the
capillary tube in boiling water leave it for a few minutes and then
reposition the needle pointing to 100 degrees C or 212 degrees F and
press down.

It the deviation is not constant you may have to adjust the small U
shaped section between the bourdon spring and gear.

Kees Oudesluijs
NL

--
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183
E: coudesluijs at chello.nl

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl