[Healeys] Antifreeze

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 08:00:51 MDT 2013

Just to clarify, the issue is the purified water, which can have a Ph of as
low as 6 or 7, not the waterwetter, which has a Ph of 8.6

I've been running tap water and Redline waterwetter in my BJ8 for the past 15
years. No issues. Changed it a few times, and my block & head were
redistripped when the engine was built.

>From the redline website....

"Red Line WaterWetterB. is designed to provide improved metal wetting and
excellent corrosion inhibition when added to plain water or a glycol coolant.
..... Red Line WaterWetterB. will provide the proper corrosion inhibition for
all common cooling system metals, including aluminum, cast iron, steel,
copper, brass, and lead."
http://www.redlineoil.com/content/files/tech/WaterWetter%20Tech%20Info.pdf

Best
Chris