[Healeys] Antifreeze

Steve Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Wed Jun 12 06:59:35 MDT 2013

I recently had my radiator overhauled due to increased running temperatures
due to rust clogging after a couple of years of running purified water and
water-wetter.

Never had a problem the previous 8 years running Prestone and water. Tech
support at Royal Purple told me most tap water or filtered drinking water is
less corrosive than distilled or purified drinking water and that 20%
coolant is sufficient for where I live in SoCal.

Evidently the important thing is to not allow your coolant pH to get below
8.3. 9.5 - 10.0 is better.

Amazon sells pH testing paper:

http://tinyurl.com/nzlg2pn

--