[Healeys] Pertronix Electronic Ingnition for BJ8 with TR6 Distributor Cap

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Tue Jun 11 06:25:22 MDT 2013

Bet I can change my spare Pertronix faster than you can change your points:)

But I will admit that all that fiddling to get the Pertronix set correctly is a real treat, especially in low light.:)

---- Chris Dimmock <austin.healey at gmail.com> wrote:

=============
Thats weird Bob.
My new spare points are at the same orientation as my old ones...
< ducks beer cans >
Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On 11/06/2013, at 9:52 PM, Bob Spidell <bspidell at comcast.net> wrote:

> Side note:  I recently bought a second Pertronix as a spare.  My original
Ignitor--fitted many years ago--was part# LU162P12, the newer one is
LU162P12A.  I fit both units with spade connectors to allow easi(er) and
quick(er) installation, and when doing so noticed the later unit had a
different baseplate configuration.  It appears the Pertronix 'pickup' sits
'earlier' in the firing sequence; e.g. if the old unit fit at 6 o'clock in the
distributor, the new one fits at 8 o'clock (the distrbutor cam turns