[Healeys] Jaguar prablem

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Jun 10 14:38:12 MDT 2013

My folks had the same problem with their LS, except the car would die outright instead of just limp (really inconvenient when merging on a busy freeway). Found a website where a pro mechanic had captured the problem with elaborate diagnostic equipment--a failing coil or two can cause a voltage spike on the primary ignition circuit which knocked the ECU unconscious! Eight new coils solved the problem.

That's a well-known problem with the LS--have heard of people picking up creampuffs on the cheap and installing new coils and getting a really nice car for next-to-nothing (my folks were ready to dump theirs until we found the problem).

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA