[Healeys] Timing cover oil seal

Andrew Thorp bce257 at yahoo.co.nz
Sun Jun 9 01:01:22 MDT 2013

Hi John,

Not sure what the experts do but that works for me. Cover goes on
the bolts loosely first, lube and fit the pulley then tighten the bolts. Easy.
Be sure your seal running surface is thoroughly sanded with 240 grit wet-n-dry
to give the correct roughness and that it doesn't have a groove or other
damage.

The only way I have managed to get the gasket face to seal is to
thoroughly clean and apply high quality silicone sealant on both sides of the
gasket. Hylomar and other non-setting ones don't seem to have the bulk to fill
the inevitable unevenness.

Andy.

--- On Sun, 9/6/13, john spaur