[Healeys] Fuel (was: tuning and timing)

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu Jun 6 10:23:54 MDT 2013

re: "Despite the above it is really hard to run the engine in any reasonably powerful road car for more than a few seconds at full throttle."

Not necessarily. I run WOT for up to 10-15 minutes at a time pulling up some very long, steep grades (up to 16% according to the signs). There are quite a few of these in the Sierras and Rockies. That's my 'rolling road' dyno.

WOT with a full load up a steep grade--sometimes with O/D, sometimes I have to drop into straight 4th or even 3rd--if the engine was going to knock it would do it then.

On really steep grades I have to run my Mustang GT--315HP--at or near WOT for several minutes (esp. if I don't downshift).

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA