[Healeys] Fuel

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Jun 6 07:43:31 MDT 2013

Bob,

Do not let you get scared by the industry. They just want to sell additives.
There are very few people who have had problems with fuel, be it E5 or
E10. If they had, it was mainly because of deteriorating old rubber
hoses, diaphragms that should have been replaced years ago anyway and/or
rust/dirt in the tank that dissolved once they started using the car
again. When a car is well maintained and in regular use, there are
hardly ever problems if at all.
I have found the same having had petrol in a can for years in the boot
as a reserve. When I finally needed it there were no problems at all.
The fuel we have today is different from that in the '60s, but is does
not mean the quality is worse.

Kees Oudesluijs
NL