[Healeys] clutch

Linwood Rose linwoodrose at mac.com
Tue Jun 4 16:51:31 MDT 2013

Thanks, Dave and Kees. That took care of my question!
Lin

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 4, 2013, at 6:47 PM, Oudesluys <coudesluijs at chello.nl> wrote:

> The general rule is tat you replace the complete clutch when the
transmission is out, unless you know the condition to be very good. A clutch
assembly is rather cheap compared to a taking a transmission out and putting
it back in.
> Genarally the rivets that hold the ling are about 1,5-2mm below the surface
of the friction material, depending on the car. Always replace the disk if
there is/has been any oil contamination, and when the rivet are less than 1mm
below the surface, when the clutch cover has to be renewed and practically
always change the release bearing, most certainly when it is a carbon ring.
Have a look at the flywheel surface, if worn, scored or (partly) blued have
the surface ground.