[Healeys] Pre-ignition

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 15:53:32 MDT 2013

Many years back I thought I would resolve that problem by installing the
rod and piston from an AUC8117 (BJ8 damper) into the earlier brass "lid".
It didn't work ....all that happened was that when the engine backfired is
that the whole damper assembly popped up taking the threads from the top of
the suction chamber with it!!!

Michael S

--
Michael Salter