[Healeys] car cover advice

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 15:23:27 MDT 2013

You are confusing octane boosters with lead replacements.
Octane booster prevent preignition which can destroy an engine if severe
enough.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 4, 2013, at 13:04, Oudesluys <coudesluijs at chello.nl> wrote:

> No, unless you have a very high compression engine, and even than. If you
can get high octane leaded petrol it would be much more effective than octane
boosters. Perhaps available from army, aviation, racing sources.
> The whole thing about converted cylinder heads with hardened seats when lead
free petrol was introduced now shows to be totally unnecessary and has earned
the industry billions. Only in very few occasions there has been excessive
wear of the valve seats.
> If your car runs OK on unleaded (no pinking) and there is no discernible
wear of the valve seats (reduced valve clearances) there is absolutely no
reason to use octane boosters or high octane petrol for that matter.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl

>> -----
>> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
>> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
>> Versie: 2013.0.3343 / Virusdatabase: 3184/6382 - datum van uitgifte:
06/04/13