[Healeys] BN-1 or BN-2 ?

Richard Korn cynicbass at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 05:26:39 MDT 2013

The 222656 number should put the body number in the 7000 range. Why is it
registered as a BN1?
Engine number?
Did you check for body numbers under the cockpit surrounds and on the front
body tray,you have to take off the bumper for that one.
Like Alan mentioned, the sewage line came in late in Bn1 and the 4 speed is a
usual switch.
I know most parts could have been changed but you could look at the
electrics,control box,starter,dynamo,ignition switch etc and check their
dates.
My BN2 is from feb 56 and most dated parts are still original and are stamped
1 56

How about the dash, is it cut for the key and OD as a BN1 or 2?

Body number 14198 would put it as a BN2 around the 232xxx number, maybe it
should be BN2 232656...you say BN1222656.  Is it without the L being RHD?

Just a few things That might help! Contact Randy Hicks the 100 registrar and
he could tell you if either number is on his list.

Richard

Sent from my iPad