[Healeys] Braking

Warren Dietz flyhihealey at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 9 10:59:44 MDT 2013

Have been experiencing a strange symptom when applying brakes. After driving
around
for short periods(after warm up) my braking seems to require greater pressure
to stop. If I pump the peddle a few times then the booster seems to kick in
again and stopping is normal. The brakes feel a bit grabby when the booster
does work.

 The last few years I've noticed a whistling sound when shutting off the
engine with foot on brake peddle? Of course the whistling has stopped since
this problem.   I suspect the booster. It is a replacement  from the'80's.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

WD 67 BJ8