[Healeys] paints

healeymanjim at hansencc.net healeymanjim at hansencc.net
Sun Jan 27 20:17:24 MST 2013

i have used both base/clear and single stage.  i like the single stage as it not as "glassy" as base/clear, and is easy to put on.  i used a quart of the cheapest single stage i could find for first coat, figuring i would find plenty of places i had to do over.  it came out fine and all i had to do was buff it in a few places.  i think the quart cost me about 25 bucks, plus the hardner and thinner, less than 100 bucks overall.  i am not counting the primer, sandpaper, etc, as i have lots of that around.  BTW, has anyone used the new water based primer.  my brother gave me a quart and said it works great, but i am a little afraid of using it on something like my healey.