[Healeys] Automatic Choke

Charlie Schott schottc at knology.net
Sat Jan 26 16:08:39 MST 2013

I've read where my BT7 may have originally been equipped with an automatic
choke. Since I recently purchased it completely disassembled, I don't know
how it was. There was a hole in the dash for the choke cable, but it was
cobbled out and not in the correct location (although close). I had it
welded up but before I drill one in the correct location, I thought that I
better check. Is there a way of knowing by looking at the carburetors? If
someone changed it to a cable, maybe that evidence is gone. Or am I better
off to just go with the cable for the reliability? By the way, it is a 1960
and the VIN is HBT7L04455. Thanks.

Regards,

Charlie Schott