[Healeys] Hole cutting

Peter & Veronica greylinn at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jan 21 00:26:48 MST 2013

G'day list

I'm currently making the dashboard for my 100 based Ausca race car. I'm using
the Alfa instruments that came from the same sedan from which I sourced the
1750 motor. The tach and speed are 130mm Veglia instruments, the oil pressure
and water temperature 50mm. I can cut the holes for the smaller gauges with a
hole saw (I'm using 1.6mm aluminium) but the holes for the bigger gauges are a
bit of a problem. I have a scroll saw, but I find the blades aren't really up
to metal. Likewise I have a jigsaw that will handle the aluminium, but the
blades are a bit wide for the arc of these holes. Anyone got any ideas for
making a neat job of this?

Cheers

Peter Linn
Brisbane Oz