[Healeys] ring gear

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Jan 17 04:52:07 MST 2013

To remove the ring gear use a cold chisel between two teeth  to break
the ring. Remove all burrs and rust and clean the new gear ring and
flywheel to perfection. Wait until the Missus is out for a day or two.
Leave the flywheel in the freezer overnight and  heat up the ring gear
to the maximum in the oven for about an hour. Before you start the job
make sure you have all the required tools etc. at hand. Prepare some
blocks on the floor near the oven and lay down the cold flywheel flat on
those. Remove the ring gear from the oven using oven gloves and slide it
on to the flywheel, making sure it is in the right orientation and that
it is seated squarely and fully home. It will probably fall in its place
straight away but be prepared to use a copper faced hammer to lightly
tap it home. Work relaxed but be quick as the ring gear will cool down
pretty fast.
A very simple but satisfying job.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

--
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183
E: coudesluijs at chello.nl

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl