[Healeys] Felt sealing strips

Per Schoerner healeyguy at bredband.net
Mon Jan 14 16:21:28 MST 2013

Hi
Have installed new main bearings. The two in the middle took a couple of
minutes, but the front and rear took the best part of the day. The felt
sealing strips were very difficult, and at some stage I almost gave up,
felt tempted to reuse my old ones. The front seems OK now, but the rear
still have some material from the strip squeezed between the block and
the cap. Will have to redo that tomorrow.
Does anyone have any good tips on how to do this? I seem to remember
that these strips originally were made of cork, but even the workshop
manual says to install new cork or felt strips.

Per in Sweden