[Healeys] Problems with SC Parts

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Sat Jan 12 19:22:39 MST 2013

I didn't know it was customary to even ask that question.  And, If I have a concern about whether a part is too costly, I will check several other sources--not ask if he has a cheaper version.  When I go to what I believe to be a quality supplier I believe they will sell me quality parts---not cheap stuff.  If they want to play that game, then they should make an effort to give us a choice---a quality part and a not so quality part.  Of course, doubt if many can afford to do that.

Still can't imagine any quality supplier consciously stocking inferior parts because he "believes" that is what most want.

What kicked off this discussion was the assertion that we get cheap parts because that is what we want, a thought I cannot accept.  We all want the best price we can get for a quality part, so shop around---don't settle for cheap.

tom

---- Bob Spidell <bspidell at comcast.net> wrote:

Gotta ask, Tom, when you order parts do you always tell the vendor you want the highest quality parts possible, and
price is of no concern?

Or, do you ask the price, and grumble a bit if you think it's 'out of line?'

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net