[Healeys] TRANSMISSION Clutch issues

Magnus Karlsson magnuskarlsson at bornet.net
Fri Jan 4 02:12:47 MST 2013

Sometimes it happens that the diaphragm of the pressure plate touches the
clutch disc when the pedal is fully engaged. This is probably due to wrong
tolerances on repro parts. However the easiest fix for this is simply to
shorten the push rod in the slave cylinder.

Magnus Karlsson
Sweden

Skickat frC%n min iPad

4 jan 2013 kl. 04:52 skrev john spaur <jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net>:

> My apologies if this message is received more than once; it seems to have
been lost on the Internet several times but my test was not.
> _________________________________
>
> I installed a lightened Denis Welch flywheel and throw-out bearing along
with BJ8 clutch disk and housing which is all supposed to work together.
However there are some issues I don't understand.

> The first motion shaft will rotate in neutral which I think is normal.
>
> When I depress the clutch pedal (it is bleed properly) I can engage the
transmission in first or second gear only when the pedal is about 1/2 way
through its travel. If I floor the clutch pedal the first motion shaft starts
to turn and I cannot shift into gear without grinding

> I cannot shift into reverse or third and forth. I could when the
transmission was on the bench and ready to reinstall.