[Healeys] Parts Washer Degreaser

Tim Davis BN7 tld6008 at mchsi.com
Tue Jan 1 07:54:10 MST 2013

Have you tried nitrile gloves?

Tim Davis BN7

----- Original Message -----
From: "Skip Saunders" <tfsbj7 at mindspring.com>
To: "Patrick and Caroline Quinn" <p_cquinn at tpg.com.au>, "List Healey"
<healeys at autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2012 8:15:03 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Parts Washer Degreaser

I use a mixture of kerosene and an engine degreaser (3:1) .... I know you
said "no brand names" but just in case anyone is interested I use Gunk as
the engine degreaser fluid. B  I'm sure it is not safe for hands; but it eats
every glove material I've considered using if I work too long with the
stuff. B  I just use disposable gloves and change gloves regularly if I'm
using it for a long period of time. B  And, wash up very well after using
(since every once in a while the glove fingers dissolve before I make the
change to fresh gloves.)

-skip-
BJ7 in parts, BJ8 driver