[Healeys] Hagarty Insurance

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 14 23:03:25 MST 2013

I am sure that there will always be someone who has had a bad experience
with one service or another in their lifetime.  As for my experience with
AAA, I have absolutely no complaints.  With the exception of my time spent
overseas in the military, I have been either an associate member on my
fathers membership when I earned my first driver's license or on my own as
an adult.  That covers a period of about 67 years.  I haven't needed very
many tows with the various cars that I have owned over the years but those
that I have needed have never been a problem.

 I have used a lot of their maps.

If you recall, I had a piece of my fan break off and damage my radiator
during the return from Vancouver Island Rendezvous.  I called the AAA for a
tow to a local radiator shop.  The tow truck had to come from Olympia, WA,
to Aberdeen, WA, a distance of 50 miles.  Upon arrival, in the rain, the tow
driver was able to put my Healey on the flatbed without damaging my vehicle.
He had the necessary lumber and experience needed to assure that my mufflers
and rear license plate remained on the car.  He was neat, the truck was
modern and clean, and the tow was without incident.

As a further plus, the driver indicated that he had a job beyond Aberdeen
but would be coming back empty.  He offered to pick us up on his return trip
if I could not get the radiator repaired and carry us to Olympia thus
getting us 50 miles closer to home.

I have had jump starts due to dead batteries and have run out of gas.  A
granddaughter locked her keys in her car and my AAA membership rescued her.
Wait times have sometimes seemed long but the end result has always seen a
successful conclusion.

(I can't use Hagarty because they require that both my wife and I each have
a daily driver in addition to the Healey.  At our ages, we do not need three
cars in the family)

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031