[Healeys] Fog-Driving Light Wiring

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Tue Dec 31 16:32:41 MST 2013

AFAIK in many European countries spotlights may only be able to switch
on with high beam headlights on and should switch off automatically when
the lights are dipped.
Fog lights and dipped lights together are allowed but the use of fog
lights (front and rear) is only allowed with bad visibility, less than
50m. In earlier days fog lights should have been switched in such a way
that either dipped lights or fog lights were on, when the fog lights are
switched on the dipped lights should be switched of automatically and v.v.
Fog lights may however be used in combination with high beam, this will
give you a wide light field from the fog lights and a long range light
field from the high beam (and the spot lights if they are also switched
on), however any additional lighting for high beam is strictly speaking
not legal.

Whatever the situation the town lights should always be on with any kind
of lights on, apart from daytime running lights.
Daytime running lights should switch of automatically when town lights,
dipped or high beam are switched on.
Rear lights should always be on together with the town lights and thus
also with high beam and dipped lights.

A happy new year to you all.
Kees Oudesluijs