[Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 5, Issue 628

Randy Hicks Healey100M at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 14:28:54 MST 2013

We did this trip in 2008. I agree with Gary. Victoria/Vancouver Island &
Vancouver are great since youve already been to Portland & Seattle. Bouchard
(sp?) Gardens on Vancouver Island are wonderful. Would also suggest leaving
from LA and doing Bur Sur.

We continued from Vancouver to Whistler and Banff/Jasper Nat. Parks and then
dropped down to Glacier/Yellowstone & Jackson. Then back to the east coast.
Want to do it in reverse sometime. Wonderful route. 6122 miles in 30 days and
would do it again in a minute.

Randy

On Dec 31, 2013, at 1:58 PM, editorgary at aol.com wrote:

> If you can budget about four days, a trip from San Francisco up the coast
can
> be great fun. All you need to do in planning the route is stay as close to
the
> edge of the Pacific Ocean as possible. That means you'll be on Highway 1
most
> of the time, but you'll divert in to 101 north of Fort Bragg, CA and then
pick
> up the coast again in Eureka/Crescent City. You can stay on Highway 1 all
the
> way to Port Washington as suggested, and then either take ferries to
Victoria