[Healeys] Non Healey content. SF to Vancouver via 101 advice requested

Kent McLean kentmclean at comcast.net
Tue Dec 31 10:23:50 MST 2013

John Rowe wrote:
> We would like to drive from San Francisco to Vancouver via highway 101,

North of San Francisco, hug the coast as much as you can. Take CA-1 instead
of US-101; they meet again further north after CA-1 leaves the coasts and hits
Leggett.

Do take in the Avenue of the Giants -- a 31 mile drive through the giant red
woods -- just north of Garberville CA.  Take time to park the car and walk
among the trees at one of the many parking stops -- you will be awed.

I live on the east coast of the US (New Hampshire). I did this trip a year ago
on a rented motorcycle (Dubbelju out of San Francisco, if you are interested).
We stayed at the Eureka Inn, an old-time huge mansion of an inn; quaint, if
you are tired of hotel chains. It was the vacation of a lifetime. I have plans
to do it again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avenue_of_the_Giants
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_Route_1
http://www.eurekainn.com/Pages/default.aspx