[Healeys] Derrington Steering Wheels

Curtis Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 19:16:16 MST 2013

Derek & Graeme,

Actually, Mike Lempert worked with Roger Moment, Richard Gordon and I
believe John Harper, and he has reproduced a spot on accurate replica of
the wheel used on the 100s. This wheel was riveted to the hub and is
absolutely gorgeous.  Just ask me how I know... I've attached several
photos of an original wheel, and the one I had made by Mike L.

No reason in my opinion to pay big bucks for an original when the average
person cannot tell the difference in a Lempert wheel.

FYI, the cutout inside of the stock Moto Lita hub was machined by Al
Alfano's Father (Al was a former member of the Concours Committee).  Roger
and I turned down the aluminum rivet heads and then we used a special jig
that he made up  for his arbor press to crush the rivets in place.

Cheers,

Curt

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 2:58 AM, Derek Job <derek.c.job at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mike Lempert's wheels are no doubt very nice but its the Moto Lita  that
> are
> the accurate  design and representative of the ones used back in the day.
> Moto
> Lita make many different styles and if people have one that does not have
> the
> three equally spaced spokes then they have bought the wrong model.
>
> Derek

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of AH Steering Wheel Hub Rivets.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 100M Wheel-1.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 100M Wheel-2.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 100M Wheel-3.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_1674.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_1671.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_1672.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_1673.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Roger Moment's Wheel.jpg]