[Healeys] Thread Chasing

Larry Wendland bighealey3k at aim.com
Sun Dec 15 15:01:41 MST 2013

Perry,  You can try the thread file and or a set of what I call
jeweler's files or other wise known as needle files,  Harbor Freight
has several sets of "Precision Needle File Sets" that range from $3.49
to $7.99.  Bye the way, thread files come in two sets, so be careful
about the thread pitch you chose.  Take a machinists scale and count
the threads.  I don't now if the threads are S.A.E. or British
standard.  The needle files may be the best bet if the thread files
don't have the correct pitch.

Larry
'67 BJ8