[Healeys] Points vs electronic ignition

Udo P mrjaja at cox.net
Sat Dec 14 16:30:58 MST 2013

Actual, the magnet sleeve from Pertronix raised the rotor by 0.5mm and this
can cause the rotor cap contact. The second issue with the Pertronix is
sometimes that the baseplate and magnet sleeve is in contact. Friction
against the advance adjustment with no or late advance adjustment and
breaking of the rotor is the result. Ask me why I know this. I sold the
first BMW 6 cylinder units modified for Austin Healey 20 years ago before
Pertronix picked up on this market.

Udo Putzke
Putzkes-FAHRSPASS
www.putzkes-fahrspass.com